Friday, May 8, 2020

Recovery Thought of the Day - May 8th

Good Morning CR Family!  Please see below for today's Recovery Thought of the Day from Perry C.  I will be out of cell phone reception for the next couple of days, so there will not be a Recovery Thought of the Day until Monday.  Make sure to tune into CR Friday Night Live tonight. Dana C and I actually recorded it ahead of time last night and we had a great discussion about Steps 6 and 7.  The recording will go live at 6:30 (CR Friday Night Video Link).  Also, if you have not had a chance to yet, make sure to sign up for tonight's Open Share Groups (See Sign Up Links in Announcements below).

God Communicates

Everyone relates with God differently.  My son is a park ranger and connects with God easily in nature.  His friend meets God through practicing rituals like candle lighting and liturgy.  There is no right or wrong way to experience our loving Lord. But it is important to know how you have been hard wired by the creator to experience God.

I am a contemplative.  In the mornings I like to take time to connect with God.  I put aside distractions: phone, computer, music and my monkey brain chatter.  And I sit quietly, eyes closed, in my favorite chair and open my heart and mind to the Holy Spirit within me.  I set aside my daily activities, calendar, plans and goals and chose to sit at Jesus’ feet.  Similar to what Mary did when Jesus came to her home in Luke 10:39-42.

For me, being still, present, listening with an open heart and offering quality time is my way of showing God love. This also places me in a posture to hear from God. I can’t follow God if I don’t hear him.

In case you think I hear God audibly every day, I don’t.  But when we are together, I usually mention, “all I want is to do this day with you, Jesus.” “Speak to me anyway you want, through circumstances, people, scriptures, books, church staff, friends, movies or your still small voice within.  Give me ears to hear, eyes to see and a whole heart poised to follow you this day.”  This is my way to practice step 11, “We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry it out.”

How do you connect with God? What is your spiritual pathway to God?

Note: The thought of the days along with other key updates will also be posted on our facebook page (Celebrate Recovery at Crossroads Church Facebook Page) and for those without facebook, they will also be posted on the following blog site: https://crossroadscr.blogspot.com

UPDATES/REMINDERS:
  1. If you are in need of prayer, please send your prayer requests to CelebrateRecoveryatCrossroads@gmail.com and we will forward those on to our celebrate recovery prayer team. The Crossroads Church Prayer team would also love to pray for you, so when you send your E-mail, please note if you are okay with us forwarding your prayer request to the church.
  2. Fridays at 6:30pm, We are hosting "CR Friday Night Live."   To subscribe to our youtube channel  please click on the following link and select the subscribe button.  CR Youtube Channel Link .  There will be a song or two of worship and then a short recovery based dialog between a couple of CR members.  This will be streamed on youtube. 
  3. Fridays we will be hosting on-line open share group meetings at 7:30pm.  There will be one mixed issues group for men and one mixed issues group for women. Men's Open Share Group Sign-Up Link / Women's Open Share Group Sign-Up Link These meetings will take place using the Zoom App.  In order to participate you will need a tablet, smart-phone or computer with camera.  In order to ensure confidentiality of these meetings everyone who participates will need to find a private room to set up, have their camera on, so others can see that there is no one else in the room and they will also need to wear a pair of headphones so that they are the only ones that can hear.  This is a free app and you can download it on google play, apple app store or through your web-browser on your computer. For help on how to join a Zoom meeting please click on the the following link, which will take you to their support web-site Zoom Set-Up Help
Blessings,
James U.

No comments:

Post a Comment