Sunday, April 5, 2020

Good Morning CR Family! Please see below for the Recovery Thought of the Day:

Serenity

During my quiet time this morning,  I started to reflect on the last few days and realized that I have been finding myself getting rather restless.  I think some of it may be to frustration of simply not knowing what the next few weeks are going to look like, some of it is getting adjusted to a new routine, some of it is the daily dose of news I am having to digest and so on.  As I thought more about it, the Serenity Prayer came to mind.

"God, grant me the Serenity
To accept the things I cannot change...
Courage to change the things I can,
And Wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as the pathway to peace.
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it.
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His will.
That I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with Him forever in the next.
Amen."


Reciting this prayer this morning, there are two things that are really sticking out to me.  The first one is, "The Serenity to accept the things I can not change..."  Thinking more about that, I'm realizing that there is very little about the current crisis that I can not control.  I need to give it up to God and accept it!

The second is, "Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time..."  The only way that I am going to get through this crisis is if I take it one day at a time and not worry about what tomorrow may bring.  By living in today, I can also be more present and aware of the joy surrounding me.  The biggest positive out of this entire crisis is that I have been able to spend a great amount of time with my wife and two daughters.  I am extremely thankful for that.

As you read through the Serenity Prayer, what is sticking out to you today.  Reach out to somebody and share!

If you would like someone to reach out to you, text us your E-mail and name to 970-645-6109 and we will have someone from within CR reach out to you.

Note: The thought of the days along with other key updates will also be posted on our facebook page (Celebrate Recovery at Crossroads Church Facebook Page) and for those without facebook, they will also be posted on the following blog site: https://crossroadscr.blogspot.com

UPDATES/REMINDERS:
  1. If you missed CR Friday Night Live last night, you can watch the recording on youtube by following this link: CR Friday Night Live Recoding - April 3rd
Blessings,
James U.

No comments:

Post a Comment