Sunday, April 19, 2020

Recovery Thought of the Day - April 19th

Good Morning CR Family!

Please see below for the Recovery Thought of the Day from Dorothy H. 

Recovery Thought of the Day:

During this time of isolation, I have had the opportunity to clean and try to look at my thoughts or what is on my mind. I still have a hard time journaling my thoughts. I notice that I am not running in panic, yet. I am trying to learn that the Lord as it and knows what to do. I have been working on dealing with my finances and asking questions to myself what do I need to do next. I am trying to breath and understand what faith is and what does that deal with in my relationship with Jesus.

What step are you on in your relationship with Jesus? Do you need to do some cleaning in the heart?
When I started CR, my vision was of a nice new silver grill, but has time went on the grill became  black and ugly. My heart was the same, it started out nice and shining pink, but with life it became black and ugly. I am working on scraping all the black off and making it nice and shining pink again. What are you doing during lock down? Focusing on what the news say or focusing on God and what He says? During this time He is making diamonds out of you if you take a look around you. People, places, and things around you are diamonds in your life. Please today take a look around you and take note or journal all the beautiful diamonds in your life today.

If you would like someone to reach out to you, text us your E-mail and name to 970-645-6109 and we will have someone from within CR reach out to you.

Note: The thought of the days along with other key updates will also be posted on our facebook page (Celebrate Recovery at Crossroads Church Facebook Page) and for those without facebook, they will also be posted on the following blog site: https://crossroadscr.blogspot.com

UPDATES/REMINDERS:
  1. Fridays at 6:30pm, We are hosting "CR Friday Night Live."   To subscribe to our youtube channel  please click on the following link and select the subscribe button.  CR Youtube Channel Link .  There will be a song or two of worship and then a short recovery based dialog between a couple of CR members.  This will be streamed on youtube. 
  2. Fridays we will be hosting on-line open share group meetings at 7:30pm.  There will be one mixed issues group for men and one mixed issues group for women.  Sign Up Links for this coming week's meetings will be posted in the next couple of weeks. Stay Tuned!  These meetings will take place using the Zoom App.  In order to participate you will need a tablet, smart-phone or computer with camera.  In order to ensure confidentiality of these meetings everyone who participates will need to find a private room to set up, have their camera on, so others can see that there is no one else in the room and they will also need to wear a pair of headphones so that they are the only ones that can hear.  This is a free app and you can download it on google play, apple app store or through your web-browser on your computer. For help on how to join a Zoom meeting please click on the the following link, which will take you to their support web-site Zoom Set-Up Help
Blessings,
James U.

No comments:

Post a Comment